I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 22 November 2009

Fog


My fellow blogger Clueless in Boston speculated that the top of the chimney of Salts Mill must disappear sometimes in the fog. How right she - apologies, he - is! And just to prove it, since it was foggy yesterday morning, I ran out to take a photo to demonstrate the phenomenon. Actually, although it was pretty murky it wasn't especially cold, so I enjoyed wandering round seeing how different everything looked. Saltaire in the fog is particularly atmospheric. And thankfully these days fog isn't toxic like it was in the 19th century when it was laden with soot.


4 comments:

  1. Mill in the fog, ideal for monochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mill in the fog, ideal for sepia (Next week will see the launch of Sepia Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the picture of the fog, which is always great for picture taking. I knew it would be a good picture.

    Thanks for mentioning me in your post. Though I am sometimes clueless and sometimes in touch with my feminine side, I must set the record straight and declare my masculinity.

    ReplyDelete