I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 25 September 2010

Sunset reflected


Another lovely sunset, this time reflected in the windows of one of the big semi-detached houses on Albert Road, Saltaire.  These houses were completed in 1868 and marked the final phase of the building of Sir Titus Salt's model village.  At that time, this road was the western boundary of the village and enjoyed an open outlook over the fields.  Since then a newer estate has been built opposite so they don't enjoy such lovely views, but it's still a good place to see the sun set.  For more Weekend Reflections, courtesy of James at Newtown Area Photo, click here.

(How annoying - Blogger has bullied me into using the new post editor and I can now only get the font size bigger or smaller than the old post editor made it.  I don't like either.  I liked it how it was before! Boo!)
PS Thanks to all those who have given me helpful hints in comments and emails on altering the font size.  I have experimented as suggested and changing the size in Design 'advanced' does of course change the font size.  But there is still a difference in size between posts composed using the old post editor (yesterday) and those composed using the new one (today's) even though both were composed with the font set to 12px.  I am getting used to the difference - it's only my personal preference, and a bit of a perfectionist streak!!

30 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely capture! Always love the gorgeous colors in a sunset! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Jenny,
    Can I help?
    I would need to see your previous template. You should be able to change the fontsize in the HTML.

    Like the sun reflected in your French doors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive ; The color of the garden are so bright I almost thought it was some kind of photomontage... Nice catch !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny, what a wonderful sunset in that lovely window. I have never been in Saltaire, but it looks very interesting to me. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOH! This is wonderful! You had to be quite quick with your camera to capture this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like this one very much: window, stonework, reflections, lavender frame…

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way that the colours swirl in the reflection. Also loving the way the sunset is framed. A quality photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reflection of the sky is amazing and I love the lavender!
    Have a great wekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love the reflection of the sunset in the window pane and all the beautiful flowers all around!

    ***
    Thanks for sharing*******

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm fond of photos of windows, and a nice, reflected sunset can only make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, you've proved what a good eye you have for photography. I love this, colour amongst colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the reflection in the window. I wouldn't have even thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As for the font size - that's progress for you. Anyway forget about the font size : whatever size it is you know we will always read it. Your posts are always too interesting to miss,

    ReplyDelete
  14. great sunset reflection. Go to "design" click on "advanced" and you can change the font size to whatever you want. It will not show on the editing page but it will show when you preview or publish. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. very pretty with the garden framing the window.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not only the reflection is wonderful but also the composition. Great framing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Breathtaking shot! It's somehow so cozy, reflected in the window that way, surrounded by lavender. It's like you took the awesome power of the sunset and made it cute and bite-sized! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice shot, well framed and a good Autumn sky.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super reflection, perfectly framed. Yummy, this one! (On my screen your font was a bit small for my tired eyes, so I zoomed in.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's lovely Jenny and thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog! I have missed visiting your blog too and am so glad to be back. I hope you are enjoying the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great subject material and well executed in an original manner

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely shot -- the sunset framed in lavender flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Truly a gorgeous and colorful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so beautiful both the reflection and the plants and flowers that frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That was quite clever to capture the sunset like that! So pretty. I'm having the font size blues with my blog too. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty and nice job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful and dramatic image...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Superb!
    Nice contrast between the texture of the brick wall and the reflected image in the windows.

    ReplyDelete