I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 26 December 2011

Lights


The Christmas tree outside Saltaire's Victoria Hall would have benefited from a few more lights, I think - especially as it has to compete with the floodlighting of the magnificent Italianate facade of the Hall. (Compare with my picture two years ago.) Nevertheless, when I was out with my tripod the other night I felt it was worthy of a photo.  I'm still practising both the use of the tripod and my new camera's settings for night photography.  It always feels bit of an effort to go out, especially on a cold evening - but I do like night shots and it's something I'd like to learn to do well.  I'm fortunate that several of Saltare's public buildings are floodlit at night so there are subjects right on my doorstep.

8 comments:

  1. It looks great, Jenny. The tripod will do wonders for your night photography. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the tree could benefit from a few more lights. But I do like your most recent photo better. Have fun with the tripod. Have you gotten an RF shutter release yet? I love mine! Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll get a lot of satisfaction from night shots Jenny.

    The hardest part is going out when it's dark and cold. Once you're out you'll probably enjoy yourself. That's how it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Blue Sky! Maybe if you had taken it from the same place as in 2009 there would be less competition for the tree. I agree there were more tree lights back then though! and no floods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the lights. I too want to learn more about night photography. Using a tripod would be a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Night photography is something I would like to learn too. This is a nice shot and I think I even like it a little better than the other one you took that you linked for us. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tree looked better two years ago, but your photo is better this time. :-) Practice does make perfect, I'm told.

    ReplyDelete