I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 27 January 2012

Fence post


Another experiment in processing, this time a photo of a wooden fence post covered in frost.  I liked the way the frost had formed circles along the growth rings of the wood ... though I don't know why it had.  Close inspection revealed all sorts of subtle colour and texture.  Amazing what beauty there is - not far away, just in the local allotments beside Salts Mill.

12 comments:

  1. In addition to finding this image quite intriguing I also find it has hypnotic qualities should choose one stare at it for any length of time.
    Yes indeed it is amazing what beauty there is to behold in the things that surround us everyday if one takes the time to stop, clear the mind of pressing thoughts and just "look". . . "All thing bright and beautiful . . . the Lord God made them all" . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The patterns made by nature are amazing. It sure does hold the viewer's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this picture! I also find it hypnotic. A new kind of winter sun?...

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first sight of the thumbnail, I thought it was a labyrinth seen from above!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting photo. I have no idea why the frost is in rings. Tell us if the wood is sticking up more, or why it is wetter in that linear fashion?
    We like the blurry edge with the sharp edge. Very original work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a definite winner, Jenny. I hope someone can explain why the frost coats as it does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful design. I at first thought it was one of those mazes that you walk through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the crispness of the pattern. Ace :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love finding unexpected beauty like this...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this! It's always the seemingly simple images that have that WOW factor. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete