I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Greening


Another fabulous tree that I pass most days on my walk to work.  It really does seem an unusually vibrant green this year - and again the colour comes mainly from its flowers/blossom rather than the emerging leaves.  I think it's a sycamore (though I may have that wrong).  You may recognise the mill in the background as I have shown it before on my blog.  It's the Victoria Mills complex, now converted into loft-style apartments.  Click the Victoria Mills label below for more info about it.

--------------
A reminder too that this weekend 20-22 April is World Heritage Weekend and Saltaire is hosting a varied programme of events.  See the Saltaire Village website for full details and a programme.  I hope to be able to report on it later!

7 comments:

  1. Every year I'm amazed by the brightness of the new green shoots of spring - long may it continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for our trees to spring into green. I love big old trees in town environment, it means so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and the rain the last couple of days will help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that beautiful - and so promising! Here too, in NW Wisconsin, we are greening up like crazy. Today we're having a wonderful rain and the lime green new leaves are coming out. As always, I enjoy your blog, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trees seem to have been very slow in greening this year, but I think it's only because the flowers came so soon and raised the level of my expectation. It's very good to see the skeletons being covered for the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a lovely shaped tree and watching it change colours must be interesting. Have a good weekend. I will be winging my way to LA. on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete