I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 17 September 2012

Pots of colour


Another delightful 'Open Garden' from this year's Saltaire Festival. This is a tiny back yard, only about six feet square, belonging to one of the village's smaller cottages that, according to the trail leaflet, has been in the same family for 77 years. Despite its bijou size, the yard is packed full of colour and interest. There are topiary evergreen box trees in there (one looked like a cat) and a wonderful Mediterranean-blue wall, so that the garden has interest and colour all year round. Delightful - and apparently a past winner of the 'best back yard' award. I can see why.
(Mental note to self.... must try harder with my little patch next year... it could look really pretty if I made more effort.)

9 comments:

  1. Just like my garden - not! But I'll get there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so delightful. Let's us all know we can do more with little space. I love this little garden and you did a great job with the light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how many pots of colour can fit into such a small area .... Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there still room to walk through it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A challenge indeed - give me five years …

    ReplyDelete
  6. Six by six? I don't know if that makes it easier or harder to have a good display.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely. I really like their little flags too. They really add to a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just shows that it's not necessary to have acres of garden, to put on a great display.

    ReplyDelete