I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 23 February 2013

Ogden Water


Ogden Water is a small reservoir on the way to Halifax. It's not a wildly scenic spot, though it is very pleasant for a walk. Its main attraction for me is that I can do a brisk circular walk round the whole thing in quite a manageable time (well, it would be even quicker if I didn't stop every few minutes to take a photo!), making me feel virtuous for having done it but not taking up the whole day. As you can see, the light on this day was pretty spectacular, with a very dark sky and bright sunshine illuminating the trees.

When I arrived, I was astonished to find cars queueing to get into the lane and small car park. I had no idea it was such a popular spot on a winter Sunday! However, it turned out that there was a cross-country race being run in the area ... so the country park would no doubt return to its usual tranquillity in time.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful contrasting light, jennyfreckles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks to be a very attractive and enticing area for photographs and the walking track is a bonus! Lovely shot Jenny. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete