I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 18 April 2013

Footbridge


I know I have mentioned the iron footbridge that links Saltaire with Roberts Park, crossing over the River Aire. I'm not sure whether I have ever posted a photo of it before. It was built to replace a road bridge that came straight down from Victoria Road, crossing to the left of this picture (see here for an artists's image of that). The road bridge was declared unsafe many years ago and demolished. Its replacement is functional rather than beautiful. The opposite is true of the host of yellow daffodils dancing in the foreground.

2 comments:

  1. There is a functionality about it, but it is not really visually attractive and it is difficult to see how it can become so even 100 years or more down the line. But who knows, age has a habit of changing our perceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe some flower boxes could help?

    ReplyDelete