I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 7 July 2013

Daisies


One of my favourite flowers - the Ox-eye Daisy - is blooming in profusion in the little garden beside Saltaire's rail station. The garden, I think, actually belongs to Shipley College and seems to be planted deliberately with wild flowers. I'm not really knowledgeable about wild flowers but I think there are also Knapweed and a type of Cranesbill visible. There were some other varieties too, though you can't really see them in this view. Such a joy that wild flowers, though they've been purged in many agricultural areas, are nevertheless encouraged in some of our urban gardens.

1 comment:

  1. They are beautiful wold flowers and it is good to hear they are being used in gardens bit sad to hear that they have been purged from some areas.

    ReplyDelete