I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Intersection 4


This is the photo I chose to enter for the 'Intersection' theme (see previous days). It's a very reflective office building near the rail station in Leeds. Where two blocks meet at a corner, the reflections create this riot of intersecting lines. It was a dark winter's afternoon and I was initially dismayed to find that the office lights were on - but in the end I think that lifts the image from being simply a pattern picture into something a bit more interesting.

The theme for January is 'Rust' - now that shouldn't be too difficult....!

11 comments:

  1. That sure is a riot of intersecting lines. Putting the focal point where intersecting lines meet makes a good photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photograph - difficult to tell what is a reflection and what is real. Great effect!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is very powerful and matches perfectly with the idea of Intersection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of those you have done, I think this is the most effective and has vertical and horizontal intersections, without losing its structure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting...the real-unreal intersections!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice picture, and interesting architecture ! ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, jennyfreckles. When do you get the feedback from other club members?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you might expect me to love a photo of windows and indeed I do. In fact I'm a bit jealous of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this! I miss the opportunity to photograph the city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see you back for the new year and hoping to see more images of this quality. Wish I had your eye for a gripping and in this case really absorbing image. Nick (from Tring)

    ReplyDelete