I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 8 February 2014

Puddled?


Sometimes I get childishly excited about my photos!  Like this one - just a quick iPhone snap on my way home from work on Friday night. Salts Mill chimney in a puddle alongside the wet pavement seemed to have a certain attraction/attractiveness. I then came home and had an exploratory and contented few minutes applying different effects to it (on my phone using the Snapseed and DistressedFX apps). There were several versions I liked but this was my favourite. Sometimes when you export the pics and look at them on a full-size monitor they lose a bit in translation but I think this has stood up well. I'm happy now... ready for the weekend. :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh yes, Jenny! This is something to get excited about! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have been excited too!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not into smart phones, but it is interesting to see what they can do. Worked well, the secret with all these filters is to use them sparingly, and I think you have. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like an upside down painting. Great colours and texture not to mention the great reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As an obsessive starer into puddles myself I can well understand why you got excited. I intend to buy a smart phone when they get smart enough only to ring for calls I want and at times when I feel like answering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice shot. I'd be proud of that shot too, it has a painterly quality to it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this one a lot, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a unique capture made more mysterious by the applied texturing..... would look lovely framed.I use the Distressed FX app and love it - must take a look at Snapseed. Isn't photography fun?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! That turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a beauty, jennyfreckles. It looks delicious with the honey gold coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice one, Jenny. I'm seeing an album cover here...

    ReplyDelete