I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 8 August 2014

Journey


This is my entry for the July theme - Journey - in my online photo group. I've long wanted to have a go at one of these slow shutter speed shots. I only had my small camera with me last time I went to see my family in London. Nevertheless, time to spare before my train home and this great vantage point on the mezzanine at Kings Cross Station seemed too good an opportunity to miss. I took a few shots; how pleasing they look depends so much on the random positioning of the people standing still and those moving. This one works quite well, I think, because of the virtual semi-circle of people right at the bottom of the frame, which sort of holds the image and sweeps your eye up towards the centre.

The theme for August is 'Frame within a frame' so that's what I'm on the lookout for now.

7 comments:

  1. Almost a modern Breugel with people all going about their business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifull capture, greeting from Belgium

    http://louisette.eklablog.com/-p842116

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I do love that effect, too. I've only tried it with moving cats. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fab image Jenny well done.. you've got me all keen to give it a try :) love the frame in frame theme for your photography course, would love to see your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this station. Always a great place to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the blurring that happens at slow speeds. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete