I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 10 September 2014

The story of O


RHS Harlow Carr - The most up-to-date garden in the 'Gardens Through Time' series is this very modern space, designed by Diarmuid Gavin. He is a renowned garden designer, well-known from various television series. 'Reflecting the aspirations of the modern home-owner', the garden features sculptural planting and clever use of glass, strong colour and shapes and reflective surfaces. It showcases the garden almost as another room of the house. I loved it, loved the harmony of colour and the pleasing curves.... though unfortunately it would look very odd if I tried to replicate it around my little Victorian house!

5 comments:

  1. It is very pretty and the window is a great frame. I'm hoping to get my garden revamped professionally if it doesn't cost too much. I have established it over the past 25 years but now its too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading that in our garden we should have openings or windows that allowed our eye to travel further...this is pretty clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful, Jenny! I love the round window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, jennyfreckles. My taste is probably more traditional.

    ReplyDelete