I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 22 December 2014

Baby, it's cold outside


Regular readers of this blog will recall that one of Saltaire's more recent but now established and well-loved traditions is the Living Advent Calendar, when residents and businesses throughout the village decorate windows for Christmas. One is unveiled every evening from 1st December up to Christmas Eve. (View them all here.) I like to go out and photograph them, though some work better as photos than others. After an hour or so in the chilly night air, I was ready to come back to a mug of hot chocolate and a warm fireside. What I really need for Christmas is some fingerless gloves that allow me to operate my camera and tripod but keep my little mitts warm!

10 comments:

  1. Hallo Jenne,
    we have the Advent Calendar too here in Italy, it is a nice tradition.
    May I wish you a Merry Christmas to you and your family, saluti from the Italian View !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny .. sure hope Santa's listening, reading ... but your photos are always amazing and so good to see .. and show us areas of Saltaire we'd be unlikely to see .. also other parts of the country when you visit ..

    It's cold up there, not so bad down here .. today just very windy .. cheers and Happy Christmas season .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that one, Jenny - the whole thing's a brilliant idea. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold fingers are a problem for photographers..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perfect gift for you! If Santa doesn't come through, I think you should get some for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good one! Cold fingers - you should try it here. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW lovely photos, what a great idea. I might suggest it to my village committee for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS I like your site header photo Jenny, is it one of your own or a template?

    ReplyDelete
  9. But, if you had those gloves, would the mug of hot chocolate and the fireplace still be as wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely window Jenny - as for the cold weather, I'd swap your cool temperatures for our hot ones any day!! Special Christmas Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete