I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Creative Light


I've been a member of Ilkley Camera Club for a couple of years now. It's a very good club with a high standard of work. We've just come joint 7th out of 200 or so clubs across the UK in a national competition. I can't boast that I'm personally doing much to support that standard yet but it's a great place to learn and be inspired.

Every two years the club has an exhibition in Ilkley's Manor House Museum. This year it runs from 14 February to 12 April and its theme is 'Creative Light'. There are over 200 prints and projected images on show. Additionally, as a new venture for this year, objects from the collections of Bradford Museums and Galleries, which play with light in various ways, are displayed alongside club members' photographs of them. There are also some free talks and workshops being offered by club members on Saturdays from 2-3pm.

I was hoping to submit some prints for the exhibition but unfortunately wasn't able to prepare them last autumn, because of needing to be in London supporting my family when my granddaughter was born. However, I did submit a few digital images so hopefully one or more of them will have been chosen for the projected slideshow.

I must stress that the image above is NOT my own work; it is the flyer produced to advertise the exhibition. If you're anywhere near Ilkley I invite you to visit. The exhibition is always well worth seeing and of course Ilkley itself has lots to interest the visitor. My own visits to the exhibitions in the past were what persuaded me that I should join the club. I was always excited by what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment