I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 16 July 2015

Impressions of Bruges #11


'Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy'.... and so are chips. I don't drink beer, which is a pity as Belgium is famous for its beer and there are reputedly over 500 different varieties to be sampled... but I was happy with the chips, piping hot from a van in the Markt and served with a lavish dollop of rich mayonnaise. When in Bruges, do as the Bruggians do...


6 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - loving your photos ... must have been a fun and interesting visit ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking beer and eating chips is part of the Belgian culture ! Even the kids get light beer. Beer is not considered as "alcohol" ! If you say here :" I don't drink alcohol" that doesn't mean that you don't drink 10 bottles per day, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such fond memories of the frites in Belgium! I loved them with curry sauce.

    ReplyDelete