I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Encounters with animals 3


Bingley Show 2016 - Little girl meets even smaller owl.... a Little Owl, in fact, one of our native species. The birds were being shown by Wise Owl Birds of Prey, a Yorkshire-based organisation that rescues and rehabilitates birds of prey and offers displays and educational 'experience' days.
I have a gorgeous photo that shows more of the girl's face and her delight but I'm not comfortable blogging that one. (I am always wary of showing children that I don't know personally.) And the owl wasn't looking at me either! Never work with children or animals (birds)!

7 comments:

  1. What a cute wee owl, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get excited when I spot one of these in the wild, though you probably wouldn't be comfortable about seeing the look on my face either, though for rather diffferent reasons. Strictly speaking the Little Owl isn't native as it was introduced from Europe in the 19th century. After Brexit they will all have to be sent home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love owls...and....this link finally works for me...I'm so behind. Whatever...good to see you here....I'll email you soon.

    ReplyDelete