I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 18 March 2017

Mr Bean?


Bradford Walking Tour 7
Another rather unusual sight in Bradford's Little Germany - Mr Bean and a Tyrannosaurus Rex! Don't ask me why... I have not a clue! The carved door surround, though, is rather special. Caspian House was built in 1873 as a warehouse for D Delius and Co. The company's senior partner, Julius Delius (his name is rather a mouthful!) was the father of the composer, Frederick Delius, who was born in Bradford in 1862.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that is fun! Excellent craftsmanship around the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous details around that door, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is - I must go and look for it next time I am in Bradford. And 'Julius Delius' is indeed a mouthful, good of them to break with family tradition and call him Frederick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah!!! I loved Mr. Bean but haven't seen him for quite a while. Still got a laugh out of your photo. For such an elegant door . . . . . . why?

    ReplyDelete