I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 29 September 2017

Leeds Dock at night


I met up with some friends from my camera club in Leeds one evening to take some photos around the Dock area. This is where the Leeds-Liverpool Canal ends and joins up with the Aire and Calder Navigation. The canal basin area has been redeveloped in recent times and is surrounded by apartments, offices, bars and restaurants. The Royal Armouries Museum is also in the vicinity (to the left on my photo). It can be quite a lively place during the day and at night comes to life with all the lights reflected in the water. It was drizzling heavily all evening so I had to keep wiping rain off my lens. (One of my photos has some interestingly blurry 'bokeh' caused by the raindrops.) At one point we all decamped to a café for coffee and to get dry, which warmed us up and provided some good camaraderie. Great fun - and I feel a lot safer in this kind of environment when I'm with friends. Not really a good place to hang around alone at night, I guess.

5 comments: